6 Advantages of Installing Solar Power
Image: Get solar batteries for Night Time use (GoodWe pictured)
Installing solar power systems with urban future offers numerous benefits and potential savings for homeowners and businesses.
There are many reasons why you should install solar power. Let’s explore some of the key advantages:
1. Cost Savings on Electricity Bills:
One of the most significant benefits of installing solar power is the potential for significant cost savings on electricity bills. By generating your own electricity from solar panels, you can reduce or even eliminate your reliance on grid-supplied electricity. This can result in substantial savings over the lifetime of the solar system, especially as electricity prices continue to rise.
2. Return on Investment (ROI):
Solar power installations are considered a long-term investment. While the upfront costs of purchasing and installing solar panels may seem significant, the return on investment can be substantial. As you generate your own electricity, you can offset the need to purchase electricity from the grid, resulting in reduced utility bills. Over time, the savings can offset the initial investment, leading to a positive ROI.
When your bills are higher than average, it can be worth spending more to secure a more powerful system that is capable of managing larger loads.
3. Protection Against Rising Energy Costs:
4. Increased Property Value:
Solar power installations can increase the value of your property. Studies have shown that homes equipped with solar panels tend to sell at higher prices compared to homes without solar. This added value can make your property more attractive to potential buyers in the future, providing an additional financial benefit.
5. Environmental Sustainability:
Solar power is a clean and renewable energy source that produces no greenhouse gas emissions during operation. By installing solar panels, you contribute to reducing carbon emissions and combating climate change. Choosing solar power helps preserve the environment for future generations and promotes a sustainable and greener world.
6. Energy Independence and Resilience:
Solar power installations provide energy independence by reducing reliance on the grid. This becomes particularly advantageous during power outages or emergencies when conventional electricity supply may be disrupted. Solar power systems with battery storage allow you to store excess energy for use during non-sunlight hours, ensuring a continuous power supply even when the grid is down.
Additional things to consider when deciding what type of solar power to install:
- 3 Phase homes can go larger than a 6.6kw system. Increase your solar saving potential and future proof your home.
- Cheaper isn’t always better. Whilst you may get a faster ROI in the short term, repairs and warranty claims with companies that aren’t well established in Australia will cost you time and money.
- Upgrading to a solar power system with a hybrid inverter in the short term can save you money add increase system performance and capabilities when upgrading to solar batteries later.
- Consider converting existing gas appliances to all electric and installing a solar power system that will support your home in being self-sufficient. A heat pump hot water system is a great place to start.
Urban Future is committed to helping home owners work towards being as energy efficient and self-sustainable as possible .
If you are interested in learning more about solar power, get in touch with us. We can help you assess your needs and choose the right solar power system for your home.